Dining Room Wall


So I found this wood in the junk bin at Home Depot. I got each piece for .50  cents. I grabbed a bunch of it and thought  there's got to be something I can do with this!


As my brain was working on what I can do for this project I remembered an old Ikea shelf that we  had for years. It was too wide for where I wanted to use it...so I had Ty cut it in half.


These wood slats had white paint on them. I decided the look I was going for was a really weathered look. So I sanded them down leaving some of the white still there. I then did a little experiment! I put vinegar, steel wool and a little stain in a jar and let the vinegar dissolve the steel wool. I brushed the mixture all over the boards. This is suppose to achieve the weathered look I was wanting...






This is the shelf we cut in half! I painted it white, distressed it and put these adorable supports under it!


I hung this in my dinning room above the dinning room table. I have tall and big walls to fill.


As you can see I made the wood slats a  part of the wall  and the shelf!


I thought this old wood window  I got at a garage sale for a steal was perfect for this spot! I of course painted the window white!


This is a to be continued project...I will be having a buffet /sideboard piece under this eventually!  I  am so in LOVE with my new wall!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment