Antique Mirror turned Chalkboard {July 25, 2012}


I found this really cute antique mirror at a garage sale. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. I almost didn't buy it, but I am really glad I did!


I knew this was a real antique just by how the back looked. I had to take nails out to get to the mirror! That was more work!


Once I removed the mirror I primed it! You heard me right! Primed the mirror! Once it was dry I painted over it with black chalkboard paint. You can purchase chalkboard paint from almost any hardware store.


I also painted the frame black and then over top that two coats of white paint. When I distressed the frame the black underneath came through. It gave that whole shabby chic look I was going for! 






I really am happy the way it turned out! I believe it's going in a little girls room!

1 comment: