Antique Shabby Dresser


I purchased this cute antique dresser at a garage sale. I was SO excited to get working on it!


There was this ugly green around the drawer and edges. I stripped it down with some paint stripper. 


I also had to sand all the globs of glossy finish that the previous owners had put on. You can see all over my garage floor that I put my blood, sweat and tears into this!


There was a crack on the top surface of the dresser. I filled it with some wood filler and it fixed and covered it up well! I was very pleased with it. I also had to touch up with some wood glue on certain parts of the dresser.


This is the final result! I just am so in love with it! To be honest I am having a hard time wanting to give this one up!




I purchased some square glass knobs for the hardware. There was missing hardware on the original dresser.


I just LOVE LOVE the original wooden wheels on antique dressers! So adorable!




I added this really cute black and white print contact paper to line the drawers with. It really  gave a clean finish!


I painted a black chalk paint for the first coat of paint. I then painted 2 coats of white {summer grey} chalk paint for the finished look. When I distressed the dresser it made the black paint show through. I finished with a clear wax on the exterior and a poly finish on the interior to help the drawers be protected while being used constantly. I am so happy and pleased with this dresser. I am in love with it! I hope you all are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment