Bathroom Shelves {June 2013}

We have this really funny nook in our hall bathroom right behind the door. It makes no sense and we feel like it's such wasted space. I knew when we bought this house we would definitely be doing something with that nook in the future! Well...it's the future and I had finally decided what to do with it! 



We first took measurements of the wall. We then ran over to HD and they cut everything for us! That was a cinch! 


I had the hubby nail in some bead-board...love that stuff!


We then installed 4 shelves. I wanted them to look like floating shelves so we used these metal push in brackets. They were easy to deal with...not much hassle! We also added a decorative trim in front of each shelf to give it a more finished look.


Once we knew everything fit in right I got my painting on! I painted everything white and went even further then that! I repainted my whole bathroom gray! I LOVE it! I have always wanted this bathroom gray, but gray is a hard color to find and to have it be just right. Well, I found this gray from my friend, Rachel! I stole it from her and painted my laundry room with it. I LOVED it SO much that I now did the bathroom with it too!


Once I was all done with painting the fun part came...SHOPPING! 


It was so fun to shop for just the right decor for my cute built in shelves!



I used to like my bathroom, but now I LOVE it! I can't stop starring at it!


It's just how I imagined it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment