Kitchen Table


I got this kitchen table for FREE from my dear friend Sarah! I was so excited that it was a round table! I wanted a round!


The best part about this table is that it has a hidden leaf. So when I am ready I just pull and POOF...a BIGGER table appears!


I found 4 Pier One chairs on craigslist for $50 bucks! That's right...$50 bucks total!


Here is the base of my finished table. I took a close picture to show all the distressing I did.


My finished chair! What a difference!


I decided to two-tone the table and chairs. I wanted an antique white, but wasn't sure I should paint it that color on the table top and seats since I have boys that will be sitting & eating there daily!


I chose a chocolate brown once I decided to two-tone the table and chairs.


I had a really hard time deciding on what finish I wanted to use. I didn't want my table to be super shinny. I tried a satin  polyurethane on the table top and seats and it just wasn't working. I needed something easier to wipe down. So I ended up using a poly semi-gloss. For the base of the table, legs and back of the chairs I used Minwax wax. It is more matte. I love how it all turned out and am excited to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment