Garage Sale Fence

I went garage sale-ing a few weekends ago. When I approached one of the garage sales I instantly saw this white fence and fell in love. There were clothes hanging from it that were for sale so I wasn't sure the fence was. I asked the lady whose garage sale it was. She said it wasn't, but she asked me how much would I take it for? She proceeded to tell me she made it and used it has her daughters headboard once upon a time. So in my mind I thought she was at least going to want $20.00 bucks for it and I wanted to offer her $10.00. I told her I wasn't sure how much to give her so she would just give me a price. I hate the bargaining game. She said, "how about $8.00 bucks for it." I was so EXCITED! So I of course told her, "deal!"


It came already painted white and I like it so I didn't need to repaint it!


I knew I was going to distress it. I started to a little as you can see here.


There were knicks and dings in the fence so I played along with it and distressed really good in those areas to highlight them more!




I added  hardware to it to make it feel more like a fence gate.


I also added a wreath I made to hang from it.


When I was all done I had the PERFECT spot for it....above the fireplace!


I am just SO in love with it and happy the way it all turned out! I just LOVE garage sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment