Molding, Hooks and Sign...Oh My! {Dec. 2012}


I have for quite some time been wanting to make a wood sign for my hall bathroom. I finally got around to it a few weeks ago. I just purchased this board in the scrap bin for under a buck at HD.


I found a way to copy the font I wanted without using or buying stencils. I wasn't sure it was going to work but it did! I found the font I wanted off my computer, printed it, then used a pencil and traced the words really dark, laid the paper on the wood and took my pencil and traced over the letters again. That way it would transfer! You can see the pencil in this picture.


I then took a black paint pen sharpie that you can get at your local craft store and painted careful all the letters that transferred from the paper. Once everything was dry I roughed it up with sandpaper. 
  

I also had other visions for the same bathroom. Ty and I took measurements and went to HD where they cut all the wood slats to the sizes we wanted! This makes your projects SO much easier! I had a plan to figure out a way to make it easier to grab your towel when climbing out of your shower. Where the previous towel rack was didn't make much sense. 


This project was SO easy and fast! I don't think it took more than an hour! 


My bathroom sign and towels found a good home in the hall bathroom!


I'm so pleased at how it all looks and turned out. This project cost around $25.00! Not too shabby! 


No comments:

Post a Comment